- in official postal use).
* * *abbreviation1. air letter2. all lengths3. [Latin anno lucis] in the year of light4. autograph letter
* * */ahl/, n.See Indian mulberry.[ < Hindi al]
* * *abbrev1. Alabama (US state)2. Albania (IVR)3. Anglo-Latin
* * *al-,-al1,suffix added to nouns to form adjectives. of; like; having the nature of: »
Natural = of nature; like nature. Ornamental = having the nature of ornament.╂[< Latin -ālis having to do with]-al2,suffix added to verbs to form nouns. the act of _____ing: »
Arrival = the act of arriving. Refusal = the act of refusing.╂[< Latin -ālia, neuter plural of -ālis]Al (no period),aluminum (chemical element).AL (no periods),1. Alabama (with postal Zip Code).2. or AL., Anglo-Latin.3. Baseball. American League.A.L.,Anglo-Latin.
* * *abbr.■ Alabama (in official postal use)■ Baseball American League■ American Legion
* * *abbrAlabama
* * *al
Useful english dictionary. 2012.